Director of Development: (2/2/17)
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Saratoga Center for the Family’s fundraising including major gifts, planned giving, annual appeal, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director to expand and improve upon all current fundraising and development efforts and activities.
· A bachelor degree and minimum 3 years of professional experience in developing and implementing successful fund development
· Dedication to and enthusiasm for Saratoga Center for the Family’s mission.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong initiative, self-motivation, leadership skills, and the ability to act independently.
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, and database management.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed.
· Provide strong leadership surrounding all aspects of Development and Fundraising for Saratoga Center for the Family.
· Develop and implement an annual development plan in close collaboration with Executive Director.
· Develop and implement strategies to identify and incorporate new donors in order to expand the Center’s donor base.
· Cultivate donor relationships and maintain meaningful contact through mail, telephone, and in person interactions.
· Maintain donor database with current information on prospective donors, donors, and donations.
· Coordinate and direct all special events, fundraising drives, annual appeals, direct mailings, capital campaigns, planned giving and major
· Work collaboratively with and provide support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Fundraising/Event Committees.
· Oversee grant seeking including researching, proposal writing, and reporting.
· Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Saratoga Center for the Family with the community.
· Direct and oversee other staff whom are designated to work on fund raising/development activities.
Commensurate based on experience and qualifications